In large and medium-sized institutions and organizations, it has been observed that the management and control of devices with institutional resources is quite costly and sometimes impossible to manage. It has been observed that both open source and non-open source applications related to client management in the global software market are very few and insufficient.
For all these reasons, it has been revealed that there is a need for a solution infrastructure that can be integrated into any application by providing infrastructure and can be managed on clients.
There are some basic principles and practices in the management of corporate computers centrally. These;
- Central Management System: An effective method for enterprise computer (client) management is to use a centralized management system. The central management system contributes to system and network administrators by enabling to monitor, configure and update all computers from a single point.
- Hardware Inventory and Asset Management: A centralized management system simplifies hardware inventory and asset management of all enterprise computers. With this system, information such as the type of computers installed, operating system version, hardware specifications and software licenses can be collected. This data can be used to track individual computers, manage inventory, and determine update needs.
- Remote Management and Support: A central management system allows to remotely manage and support computers on the network. With remote management features, system and network administrators can remotely access computers, identify and fix problems, perform software updates, and provide support to users. This saves time and cost for corporate businesses.
- Security and Policy Management: A centralized management system facilitates the implementation and monitoring of security policies. Security measures such as detecting vulnerabilities, monitoring firewall and antivirus software updates can be managed centrally. In addition, through policy management, specific permissions can be assigned to specific user groups and corporate policies can be automatically applied to computers.
- Software Distribution and Update: The central management system simplifies software distribution and updates. Updates can be automatically applied to all computers.
Based on these basic principles, many central management system applications have been developed. Provides centralized management, monitoring and control of systems and users on the corporate network, TUBITAK ULAKBIM is an open-source software system developed by Liderahenk is one of those apps. Liderahenkhas been developed to meet the corporate policies and security requirements of corporate computing centers in the global world on ever-expanding and changing information tools effectively, flexibly and at low costs.
Centrally managing enterprise computers provides businesses with efficiency, security and cost savings. By using a centralized management system, you can streamline key functions such as hardware inventory and asset management, remote management and support, security and policy management, software distribution and updating. It helps public institutions and organizations to manage their computer infrastructures effectively.