As the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK), we attach utmost importance to the security and privacy of your personal data. Acting as “Data Controller” within the scope of the Law on Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 (KVKK); collection, storage, processing of personal data, transfer in accordance with the legislation, how long it will be stored, rights of data owners, etc. This information text has been prepared to clarify that such responsibilities are implemented within the framework of the provisions of the legislation.
COLLECTION, PROCESSING, PROCESSING PURPOSE AND TOOLS OF PERSONAL DATA
TÜBİTAK can process personal data in order to continue its activities and in line with the principles and procedures stipulated by other laws and regulations related to KVKK. Personal data regarding our stakeholders are collected by TÜBİTAK units, website, social media, etc., either directly or indirectly. may be collected in written, oral or electronic form. Personal data obtained within the scope of KVKK can be processed for the following purposes:
- Continuing the activities in accordance with the objectives written in the founding law of TUBITAK.
- Meeting information and other requests from public institutions and organizations and relevant stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Fully and duly fulfillment of contractual and legal obligations.
- Follow-up of finance and/or accounting works.
- Execution of legal proceedings and follow-up of legal processes.
- Planning and executing human resources processes.
- Planning, auditing and execution of information and information security processes.
- Performing quality and standard audits and improvements.
- Ensuring the security of the institution and personnel.
- Ensuring coordination in the processes related to visitors and meeting participants.
- Developing and diversifying the support and services provided.
- Evaluating and responding to suggestions/wishes/complaints and requests to be conveyed by the stakeholders and visitors of the institution through all kinds of channels, and to carry out improvement works in accordance with the notifications.
COLLECTION METHOD AND LEGAL REASON OF PERSONAL DATA As stated in Articles 5 and 6 of the Law;
- Explicit consent of the person concerned, in cases where explicit consent is required,
- clearly stipulated in the law,
- Provided that it is directly related to the establishment or performance of a contract, it is necessary to process the personal data of the parties to the contract,
- It is mandatory for the data controller to fulfill its legal obligation,
- Data processing is mandatory for the establishment, use or protection of a right,
- Provided that it does not harm the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, data processing is mandatory for the legitimate interests of the data controller, etc. Based on their status and the duty and authority given in paragraph (t) of Article 4 of the Presidential Decree No. 234;
Call center, camera and audio recording, application from the relevant persons during the communication and/or establishment of the legal relationship with TÜBİTAK and during the continuation of the said relationship, from the third parties, including the solution partners with whom TÜBİTAK has a cooperation or contractual relationship, and from the legal authorities. 5, 6 and 8 of the Law through forms, websites membership and contact forms, internet, mobile applications, websites, e-bulletin registration forms, cookies, social media and other public channels or organized trainings, meetings, organizations and similar events. Collects personal data within the framework stipulated in the provisions of Article 2. Personal data collected through these methods can be processed and transferred for the purposes specified in article XNUMX of this text, within the framework of the processing conditions of personal data and special quality personal data of the Law.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
In case of transfer of the collected personal data to the country and abroad, TÜBİTAK acts in accordance with the provisions defined in Articles 8 and 9 of the Law. In order for TÜBİTAK to carry out its services more effectively and fulfill legal requirements, in necessary cases, within the scope of relevant laws, regulations and protocols, authorized public institutions and organizations in the country, law enforcement forces, courts and enforcement offices, legally authorized private legal persons, related third parties. parties, natural and legal persons, service providers and their officials, project partners, suppliers and support service providers.
RIGHTS OF THE RELATED PERSON WITH PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED WITHIN THE SCOPE OF KVKK Relevant persons applying to TUBITAK pursuant to Article 11 of the Law;
- Learning whether personal data is processed or not,
- Request information if personal data is processed,
- Learning the purpose of processing personal data and whether they are used in accordance with the purpose,
- Knowing the third parties to whom personal data is transferred in the country,
- Requesting correction of personal data in case of incomplete or incorrect processing and requesting notification of the transaction made within this scope to the third parties to whom the personal data has been transferred,
- To request the deletion, destruction or anonymization of personal data in case the reasons requiring the processing of personal data disappear in order to be evaluated within the principles of purpose, duration and legitimacy, and to request the notification of the transaction made within this scope to the third parties to whom the personal data has been transferred,
- Objecting to this result in case of a result against them in case the processed personal data is analyzed through automated systems,
- He has the right to demand the compensation of the damage in case his personal data is processed unlawfully and in case of damage due to this reason.
IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT US FOR YOUR REQUESTS
You can personally send your requests within the scope of Article 11 of the KVKK "regulating the rights of the data subject" to the address of TÜBİTAK Tunisia Caddesi No: 80 06100 Kavaklıdere / Ankara, by attaching the documents identifying the identity information in accordance with the "Communiqué on the Procedure and Principles of Application to the Data Controller" or firstname.lastname@example.org You can send it to the address with a secure electronic signature. The Relevant Person must clearly and comprehensibly state the requested issue in the application to be made to use the above-mentioned rights. Information and documents related to the application must be attached to the application.
Applications to be made within this scope will be accepted following the identity verification to be made by us, and your requests regarding your rights will be finalized as soon as possible and within 30 (thirty) days at the latest, depending on the nature of the request. In the event that the application is answered in writing or through recording media such as CD and flash memory, the processing fee specified in Article 7 of the "Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to the Data Controller" may be charged. You can reach TÜBİTAK about KVKK via the contact information given below.
Presidential Address: TUBITAK Tunisia Street No:80 06100 Kavaklidere / Ankara
Phone: 0312 468 5300
Fax: 0 312 427 6817
Web address: www.tubitak.gov.t is